Best Broccoli Salad
This recipe is from the cookbook "Cookie and Kate."
- 1 lb broccoli florets (from 1 1/2 pounds broccoli stalks),
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
Honey mustard dressing
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
To toast the sunflower seeds: Pour the sunflower seeds into a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently until golden on the sides, about 5 minutes. Set aside
Chop the broccoli into think slices and then roughly chopped. (see pictures). Place in a large serving bowl.
Add the onion, cheddar cheese and cranberries to the serving bowl. Add the tasted sunflower seeds.
Honey Mustard Dressing
In a 1-cup liquid measuring cup or small bowl, combine all of the dressing ingredients (olive oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, garlic and salt). Whisk until the mixture is well blended.
Pour the dressing over the salad and stir until all of the broccoli is lightly coated in dressing. I recommend letting the salad marinate for at least 20-30 minutes!
Serve salad! Leftovers will keep well for 3 to 4 days in the fridge, covered.