Here are a few of my essentials when traveling. Enjoy xoxo
- Peppermint Tea: peppermint tea has been used for centuries to aid digestion. Studies show that it helps relieve bloating and gass by relaxing the muscles around the digestive tract. It is calorie free and naturally caffeine-free. I always pick organic to avoid additives or caffeine!
- Ginger Chews: ginger is essential for travel because it decreases motion sickness, nausea and promotes the stimulation of blood flow through the body. Studies show that ginger can aid with arthritis and rheumatism because of its affect of reducing inflammation in the body. Ginger enhances circulation and increases body temperature. Most ginger chews are made with ginger juice and are fat free and have no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. – Great to have on the boat if someone feels seasick!
- Lavender Oil: lavender oil is soothing and relaxing, the perfect remedy for travel stress. I put a few drops of my lavender essential oil on my temples for stress relief and to promote sleep.
- Turmeric: turmeric is a cousin of ginger and also lowers the levels of messaging molecules that trigger inflammation. It has been shown to lower nitric oxide levels and has links to treating gallbladder infections. Lowering inflammation helps boost the immune system- great when traveling.
- Red Reishi Mushroom (Powder Form): This mushroom has tranquilizing effects on some people and can be used to improve sleep without wreaking havoc on your sleep schedule. I add about 1 tsp. to my chamomile tea before I go to bed and sleep like a baby. Red Reishi has a bitter, woody taste which is why I prefer to add it to tea. There is also evidence that the polysaccharides found in Reishi mushroom boost immune system function by lowering inflammation. Research shows that they help preventive formation of abnormal blood vessels that can lead to cancer and that they may help regenerate the liver and aid in the release of free radicals.