A creamy cashew latte that is gluten free, dairy free, egg and soy free. This nutritious latte has such a wonderful creamy flavor from raw cashews and great Holiday flavor from ground spices.
Gingerbread Spice Lattes
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 4 cups water, this doesn’t include soaking cashews
- 6 tea bags gingerbread spice herbal tea
- 1/4 cup honey can use maple syrup if you are vegan
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamon
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 1-2 sticks cinnamon (optional) garnish
- If you do not have a high-power blender, soak the cashews in water for about 4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator. If you have a high-power blender, you can skip soaking the cashews.
- In a medium sauce pan, bring 2 cups of water to a simmer over medium-high heat. Remove the sauce pan from the heat and add gingerbread spice tea bags and steep for about 4 minutes. Discard tea bags and set aside.
- If you soaked cashews, drain them and wash. Place the cashews in a blender. Add honey, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cardamom and dash of sea salt.
- Pour tea into the blender, but keep the pot if you intend to drink tea warm soon. Securely fasten the lid and slowly start to blend, increasing speed until cashews are completely pulverized.
- Add remaining 2 cups of water. Secure the lid and blend again. I strained my tea through a fine-mesh strainer (cheesecloth) but this is optional.
- If tea needs to be warmed, pour mixture back into your saucepan on the stove over medium-high hear, stirring frequently, just until the mixture comes to a simmer. Add cinnamon stick for garnish. Enjoy!
- Raw cashews include vitamins and minerals! Vitamins include E, K and B6 and the minerals include zinc, phosphorous, copper, magnesium and iron.
- This latte recipe includes honey which has numerous benefits over processed sugar such as; lower glycemic index, more vitamins and mineral, possible allergy benefits and more.