Basil Hazelnut Pesto
- 1/2 tbsp sea salt
- 6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil, leaves only, torn
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil + 1/4 cup
- To Taste freshly ground pepper
- Mix salt and garlic in mortar crushing garlic with pestle. Add hazelnuts and crush. Add 1/3 of basil along with 1 tips of olive oil and continue to gently pound the ingredients. Add the next 1/3 cup of basil. With the final 1/3 cup of the basil, add the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil and mix thoroughly. Season with black pepper. Place in plastic container and cover with a thin layer of olive oil until ready to use.